Firepower Tests

Submitted: Monday, Feb 05, 2007 at 13:55
ThreadID: 42004 Views:1773 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Looks like the authorities are going to test the claims of these 'wonder fuel savers'....

Site Link

I wonder if we can predict what the result will be ...??
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John (Vic) - Monday, Feb 05, 2007 at 14:25

Monday, Feb 05, 2007 at 14:25
Don't you love the get out of jail quote...........

"The company [Firepower] will be pleased to co-operate fully with the department in any tests that it proposes and looks forward to the results. To gain reliable results it is important the correct testing protocol is used," the spokesman said.

"The extensive testing of our products by large petroleum users around the world has shown varying results, but in the vast majority of cases there have been noticeable reductions in exhaust emissions and savings in fuel consumption," the spokesman said.

Wonder when they will finally catch up with Mr Futch and his crap.
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 219891

Reply By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Monday, Feb 05, 2007 at 14:35

Monday, Feb 05, 2007 at 14:35
SWMBO had a flat battery this morning, called the NRMA and got it started then went down to the Madza dealer and pcked up a new battery. Lo and behold what was sitting on the desk but a display for Hiclone.

Asked the mechanic while he fitted the battery what he thought of the product, well he had nothing but praise for it.

I told him I thought it was pretty useless as i did nothing for my 4 cyl trition.

His reply " nah they dont't do much for 4 cyl but work really well in a v6 motor"

I left it at that an thought I might not use them again.

Regards Boo Boo
AnswerID: 219894

Follow Up By: Member No 1- Tuesday, Feb 06, 2007 at 16:20

Tuesday, Feb 06, 2007 at 16:20
Mazda Austarlia told me that engine pinging is nothing to worry about...so guess what I dont use them or dealer anymore ...and will never ever buy another mazda....
FollowupID: 480752

Reply By: Member - Scott M (NSW) - Monday, Feb 05, 2007 at 14:57

Monday, Feb 05, 2007 at 14:57
"His department successfully prosecuted a company called Milestone Marketing in 2003 for selling a fuel pill called the Fuel Magic pill, also marketed as the Power Pill FE-3. Motorists were told the pill would slash fuel costs by up to 42 per cent, providing a saving of up to $20 a tank."

Gotta love these snake oil salesmen.....

AnswerID: 219901

Reply By: robak (QLD) - Monday, Feb 05, 2007 at 16:18

Monday, Feb 05, 2007 at 16:18
If you read the related links you'll see that this company has connections to the russian mafia, the drug trade, shady members of the US goverment, and a $600 million loss (to the inverstors) on the London stock exchange.

To buy these products or invest in them you would have to be either
1. money laundering
2. out of your mind
3. a sports star with more money then sense.

R.
AnswerID: 219921

Reply By: Busy Bee - Monday, Feb 05, 2007 at 21:49

Monday, Feb 05, 2007 at 21:49
As well as the SMH, the email newsletter crikey.com.au has had a number of articles on Firepower over the past few weeks. Strangely, no one else is interested.
Firepower are able to sponsor some high profile sports but the pills have not passed a truly independent test. Neither have other well known "fuel savers" for that matter.
Just search "Firepower" on the right hand side of the Crikey homepage. Most articles are available to the non subscriber.

If you want fuel savings, tune the rig, check the tyre pressures, and lift the right foot.
AnswerID: 220028

Sponsored Links